Voice of the Doctor - JulyThis month we will be
I will be joined by my friend and colleague Reid Coleman who joined Nunace as the CMIO for Evidence Based Medicine. Reid was previously the CMIO for Lifespan. He and I both attended the recent Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems 21st annual conference in Ojai Jun 26 - 29 - (Agenda)
We will be discussion the conference which took place right at the time the SCOTUS ruling was issued which made form some interesting discussions and even some unexpected opinions. Other areas that came up adn we will review include:
- Government regulation of EHR's
- HIE's and the disappointing lack of progress
- Documentation standards including a draft white paper that several AMDIS members had worked on and presented
- Mobility adn the challenge of the explosion of devices being brought into facilities with limited security
- Usability and an interesting divergence on how much the government should be involved in setting standards
Hoping to talk to Don Rosenthal (You can follow him on twitter @DonRosenthal) part of the original team that developed the scheduling system for the Hubble Space Telescope and ran the artificial intelligence group at NASA. HE is also the founder and CTO of Allocade and publishes a blog THITSE A Mashup of Tech, Healthcare IT, and Space Exploration
He published a two part blog on HiTech answer on Medical Records Interoperability: My medical data should move with me as easily as my music or photo library and Part 2 where he threw down the "latex" gauntlet to the #HealthIT industry in creating interoperability that was as easy as sharing my music and photos libraries <--I could not agree more with his points and these articles are worth digesting to get a good understating of the barriers we all face to sharing medical data effectively and creating truly interoperable healthcare.
We will be talking about Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare and how we can bring this technology to the complex world of medicine.
- Will AI really make a difference to healthcare or is it still a mirage on the horizon of innovation
- Can AI replace the clinicians consultation and review and should it
- What can we learn from AI implantation from NASA and space exploration where time and distance have significant impact on the need for autonomous intelligence.
Join me on Friday at 2:30 ET on VoiceoftheDoctor There are three ways to tune in:
• Stream the show live – click the Listen Live Now to launch our Internet radio player.
• You can also call in. A few minutes before our show starts, call in the following number: Call: 1-559-546-1880; Enter participant code: 840521#
• HealthcareNOWradio.com is now on iTunes Radio! Stream the show live – you’ll find this station listed under News/Talk