Joshua Littman, a 12-year-old boy with Asperger’s syndrome, interviews his mother, Sarah. Joshua’s unique questions and Sarah’s loving, unguarded answers reveal a beautiful relationship that reminds us of the best—and the most challenging—parts of being a parent. Read more here
Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.
A reminder to all of us - some of the choice quotes/questions from straight talking Joshua:
- I feel like everyone seems to like Amy more... she's the perfect little child
- I have better quality friends but less quantity
- Did I turn out to be the son you wanted me to b when I was born - did I meet your expectations
- I was the one who made you a parent
- Ever thought you couldn't cope with having a child